I am 21 and female.
10 months ago I started hearing voices, so the doctor prescribed me medicine. I'm not to keen on psychiatry and stopped taking the medication. I fear that the medicine will do more harm than good.

In the past months the voices went in overdrive. Now I hear them constantly. It went from two time a week to daily. I hear people say things when I am talking to other people and people laughing.

I just want to point out that this is not a schizophrenic illness, because I don't hear things from outside.. it is all in my head

All I want to know is what I should do to make the voices not as bad?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2009
I have the diagnosis Paranoid schitzophrenia, and my voices are in my head, not outside..
I would try the medicine, and ask for another one if it did any harm at all...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....