Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Hearing Voices and Hullucinating?

User Profile
I used to hear voices when I was little, the voices would say my name, and I never reconized the voices, then in suddenly went away, but now they are back and its the same thing I will hear voices in my head saying my name sometimes nicely but sometimes meanly almost all of them I do not reconize but sometimes they sound like my mom or dad. Its really starting to freak me out and sometimes I see stuff out of the corner of my eye like firgures or stuff moving, I'm getting so scared and paranoid. Sometimes its hard to even convince myself that its not real! I feel crazy and I'm only 17 I shouldn't feel like that! Please Help Me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Are you under a lot of stress? Are you on any medication? Do you do any illegal drugs? Have you done any in the past? Which ones? Do you have any family history of things like this?

You need to go to the doctor and get this checked out. Talk to your parents and tell them what is going on and that you want to see a doctor about it. If this is the beginning stages of something serious, the earlier it's caught and treated, the better off you will be now and in the long-term.

When you do go to the doctor, be totally honest with your symptoms and any drugs you have taken. I don't mean to accuse you of doing drugs, I'm just covering all the bases because sometimes hallucinations can be due to drugs and can last long after they have worn off. It's not your doctor's job to judge you. It's his job to help you. He may want to refer you to a psychiatrist, but don't worry, they won't put you in a hospital or anything. They'll probably talk to you and give you some medication.

I know this is all really scary and you shouldn't have to deal with this kind of thing when you're 17. But you don't have to go through it alone. There are people who can and want to help. A lot of people have been through this and lead full and happy lives. If you get treatment, you can, too.

Please feel free to write back if you have any questions or anything. I wish you all the best.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank MyrahU for this post: SpencS 
Tags: hearing, hear, head
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....