Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

Health Insurance if I take on an extra job

As of now, I have coverage, though it is not insurance. I make $52 to $90 a day 5 days a week, 9 months a year. I like it, but I don't know what to expect in the future and I feel the need to expand my horizons. If I take on an additional job (I am not ready to leave my current one), I will make too much for my current coverage.

I take medication for an underactive thyroid, which I hope wouldn't complicate things. I have been denied or only qualified for the more expensive plans just because I have a mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, for which I don't even need any coverage and I said that.

I have been offered a plan for $90/month, but I do not know how to judge it. I am currently well provided for, but I feel the need to be more independent. I do not know what my future expenses are likely to be. I need to communicate with real people. I've tried to get quotes, but the form in which the info was sent did not show up in my emails and I was flooded with spam.

I would appreciate any advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 26th, 2009
Insurance coverage in most cases will be better than most plans. If you are losing coverage due to income, I would suggest insurance through a firm or workplace that your new job may have. If nothing else, I would recommend a Discount Medical Plan, but they're not insurance, though they provide a large variety of coverages. Unlike insurance, you cannot be denied for these. Registration and effective date is nearly immediate. Again, I advise employment coverage first, but if you're looking to earn more and lose current coverage, and cannot afford new job insurance, then I would recommend Discount Medical Plan. I hope this helps some.
|
Did you find this post helpful?