Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

Health/Dental Insurance information "DESPERATELY" need

User Profile
I am in DESPERATE need of health insurance. I am unable to work until I can "get fixed"....to put it nicely. My husband is on VA disability and I do not qualify for any benefits from them. My children are covered by the state and we were told that we are above the income threshold for me to receive Medicaid. I do not understand how this state expects a family of 5 to live on less than $536.00 per month. That is what is keeping me from qualifying. Because our income is $936.00 TOTAL per month I do not qualify for Medicaid....ujst my 3 children. Although I am extremely grateful that my children have health insurance (in which we have to pay a $15.00 monthly premium)I cannot understand how I do NOT qualify....How can I properly take care of them when I am sick. Don't get me wrong, I pretend to be OK for their sake and am able to take care of them but, what if my conditions worsen? I am trying to avoid that entirely....I just want to be able to get the medical attention I need so I can get well and feel like myself again. This entire issue is causing me to become more depressed to where on some days all I do is lay on the couch or in my bed and cry....My Husband is trying to get SSI & will soon be at a %100 disability rate from the VA. If anyone has information that can help me get health/dental insurance I would very greatlt appreciate your sharing with me.... All I want is to become the healthy, happy, crazy fun Mama that my kids. family and friends used to know. She is inside screaming to come out....God bless you all!
Did you find this post helpful?
|