Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

headaches, lightheaded, dizzy, and tired alot

i'm 15 and recently lost my dad a little over a month ago. and i've been having headaches everyday and feeling dizzy or kinda light headed and i get tired alot faster and eaier than i did before and i'm not sure what's wrong...i thought that it might be stress related?? and is there anything i can do to help this??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2011
Well I can help u by letting u no I've been suffering from being lightheaded/headaches for 2 yrs. Everyday some days are better than others. I have had alot of test done and my doctors say it's all anxiety
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
Experienced User
Most likely anxiety and possibly stress from your dad passing away. It should hopefully go away over time, and try to think about other things and do things that make you happy.
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
Experienced User
oh and also exercise gets rid of stress so you could try that?
|

replied November 11th, 2011
Head ache with light headedness - cause?
I don't agree that anxiety is necessarily the cause of headaches and light headedness. Several weeks ago out of the blue I got light headed when I lay down or sit up. I was treated for positional vertigo. Then the symptoms changed into severe headaches and light headedness but the positional part (lying down and sitting up wasn't as bad after the treatment). Instead I started getting intense headaches and light headedness even when I didn't change positions. I'm really scared. I can't get an MRI because I temporarily have expanders (interferes with MRI). So I'm scared. Any ideas?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...