Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headaches due to stress or potential pregnancy?

I had a abortion on October 27. I had sex on November 25. The condom broke and I took an ECP less than twelve hours later. I had what seemed to be a period on December 2 and it lasted until December 7. It is now December 22, 2012 and I have been having throbbing headaches.I have also been experiencing vaginal discharge.

I have been under much stress this past month. I lost my job and my vehicle broke down which resulted in an additional large amount of money being spent and no income. To make matters worse, I was scheduled for various job interviews and was was on my way to one when my vehicle broke down. My computer crashed the day before all my assignments were do for my final grade in my college courses. In short, I have been under much stress trying to figure out how I am going to make ends meet and the issue with my vehicle and computer added more! The headaches concern me because I know they are a symptom of pregnancy. However, I do note that the difference in the headaches that I have been having are not as sharp as the ones I had in my pregnancy. I feel much pressure on the back side of my head and at times I feel as if my blood vessels are pumping crazily. Do you think that pregnancy is probable considering the pleading I had after I took the ECP? Do you think the headaches are a result of stress or a pregnancy symptom?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kristigraham
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2012
Community Volunteer
The bleeding you had in the beginning of December was withdrawal bleeding caused by the ECP hormones leaving your system. Your next real period will be delayed.

I am sorry to hear about all your worries. You have to find a way to relax. It is as simple as that,. If you do not relax and destress, things will just seem to get worse and worse, and you will start to have all sorts of physical symptoms.

Take care, and please relax.
|

replied December 27th, 2012
Thank you very much for the response.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....