Hey everyone, I came here for a lil support and hopefully some answers to questions, any help would be appreciated so I want to say thank you in advance.

For the past 3 days I've been feeling HORRIBLE. 3 days ago I went to bed early because I got a migraine, I was sensitive to lights also, just horrible. Yesterday I tryed to get some xmas shopping done and went to the store, and the lights bothered me so bad and I got a headache, not a migraine just a headache. I also noticed the lymph nodes in my neck are swollen. I know that's usually a sign of infection.

Well, today I woke up and everything was worse. I slept about 11 hours last night. I woke up today with cold like symptoms *horrible post nasal drip in the back of my throat (thats been there for months now as I have allergies), sneezing, coughing, running nose and my body was very sore, more like muscle pain though not like joint pain. I also have some ear pain and dizziness. I have absolutely no fever though, my temperature all day was 98.3. The body ache did subside a little when I took tylenol.

I do know that I have allergies and I have been on Nasonex for about 6 months now. It does help my nasal symptoms, but the ear and body pain to me I can;t link to allergies. I get ear pain a lot and ringing every once in awhile but when it happened I got a little scared because the ringing came along with a dizziness. I also do have anxiety, so I know that does make symptoms worse.

I'm just worried, being as I have anxiety it makes me think I have like menningitus or something and that I'm going to die Sad I know it's the time of year to get sick, especially when yesterday it was 65 and today it was snowing =(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Your symptoms are very characteristic for common cold.
And, there is no fever when the common cold is a case.
Cold symptoms are worst the first three days.
Ear pain usually is caused by nasal congestion due to cold or allergies.
Acctually, cold causes congestion or pressure inside the ear, which is painful.
Ear ringing that is temporary is brought up by cold, too.
Lightheadedness or dizziness, often accompanies the common cold, or allergies.
Common cold virus can affect the eyes, leading to pink eye or conjunctivitis, with symptoms like redness, irritation, watering and sensitivity to light.
All of your symptoms should resolve in a week.

Best wishes,
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....