Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

headaches and blurred vision be caused from the neck?

User Profile
Good afternoon. My name is Tom W. I suffer from cervical spodylosis. There are mild to moderate osteophyte complexes from C2 through C7 with foraminal stenosis evident in C5 to C7. I had an ACDF/with instrumentation at C5 through C6 approximately 36 months ago. The hardware and bone fusion are in excellent position and condition.

Over the last 8 or 9 months, I have been experiencing left sided radiculopathy (arm, chest, back and head). I have also been dealing with increasing dizziness, lightheadedness, left sided headaches with blurred vision in my left eye. Pain management doctor treated me with RFA (C2-C5) 2 to 3 months ago with no benefit. In addition to the above listed symptoms, I am getting mild to moderate pain, numbness and tingling down my left leg (groin, knee down to and including the foot). *Prior MRI of lumbar spine did not demonstrate anything significant.*

Current RX:
OTC nsaids
Gabapentin 600 mg/day
Nortriptyline hcl 10 mg as needed
43 yo male

My question is, could the symptoms I'm experiencing in the lower extremities as well as the headaches and blurred vision be caused from the pathology in my neck? If so, would I benefit from a cervical nerve stimulating device? This is what the PM doctor wants to do next.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2013
Neurological Disorders Answer A44878
Based on available information your visual symptoms, headaches, and symptoms the leg are unlikely related to the cervical spine disease.

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.