Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache that makes speech funny, scared

I do not suffer from migranes, BUT, twice this has happened; I get a headache so bad I have to go to bed. It builds up then my vision goes funny, I can't focus without an area of my vision blurring. Then, this is the bit that really scares me - my speech goes funny, I try to speak and it comes out in word that don't make sense. I know the word I want to say but I can't say it, I can't get my mouth around the word. I'm terrified. This has happened twice now. I'm 28. What could it be? Please help if you can.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2011
migraine, jumbled speech, spotty vision
This exact thing happened to me today and totally freaked me out. I had a light, throbbing headache, had some blurred vision, and for the first time ever I experienced the jumbled speech. Like you said, I knew what I wanted to say, but the words came out all jumbled. I'd be interested to hear if you ever figured this out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....