Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

headache for past 3 days. move my eyes and get sharp pain?

User Profile
Hi. I have had a headache for the past 3 days. it doesn't hurt until i move my eyes to the left and then i get a sharp pain in the right side of my head. It also did hurt when i turned my whole head to the left but this has now reduced. I feel dizzy and sluggish sometimes but not always. No medicine seems to help the pain. The night before i started getting the headache i got a stuffy nose and what i thought was the start of a cold but never actually developed into one. Is this something i need to go see my doctor about or will it clear up soon?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
Headache and Migraines Answer A26103
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on your symptoms without examining you. The possibility of migraine headache, sinusitis related headache cannot be ruled out completely. If the over-the-counter pain medications are not helping in control of symptoms, you should consider visiting your doctor for a thorough evaluation to look for the underlying cause and get started on appropriate treatment as indicated.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.