Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

headache for over a week started with a sore eye

User Profile
Hi, I have a headache for over a week now it started with a sore.eye and than goes to my temples and across my forehead and then to the back of my head and than at time my right temple feel numb, at fist all I had to do was sit or lay down and it would go away ( but as soon as I got up with in 5 mins it was back) but now not even that will work have tried panadole and pain killers like that but has not seemed to help, what should I do cause at moment I don't have access to a doc

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
Headache and Migraines Answer A35369
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. From your symptoms it looks like a primary headache and from the symptoms of sore eye and involvement of temples, migraine headaches is an important possibility.

Migraine headaches usually are described as an intense, throbbing or pounding pain that involves temples or forehead and may be accompanied with sensitivity to light and sound.

Treatment of migraine involves using a cold compress to the area of pain, resting in a room with little or no sensory stimulation (light, sound, and odors), Withdrawing from stressful surroundings and sleeping. You can also try anti inflammatory pain killers. If still the symptoms persist, then please consult a physician for specific anti-migraine therapy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.