Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache and My ears, eyes and jaw hurt as well

User Profile
I have had a constant headache for the past 4 weeks with a dull pain in the right side of my chest. the headaches have been bad, Dr has done CT scan and blood work, all is normal. we have tried migrane medicine, muscle relaxers, and 2 other pain meds and nothing relieves the pain. The headaches are all over with throbbing pain and pressure. My ears, eyes and jaw hurt as well. I am not sleeping and having dizzy spells. This has severly disrupted my life and I just want to get my life back so I am looking for someone that might be able to offer something my Dr have not tried. Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2011
Headache and Migraines Answer A24775

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. It can be due to temporal arteritis or temporomandibular joint disorder. Temporal arteritis is an inflammation of vasculitis of blood vessels of the large and medium arteries of the head especially the temporal artery tat branch off from the carotid artery in the neck.

It is more common in women and presents as swelling and throbbing in the temples. If temporal arteritis is suspected then a biopsy of the vessel may need to be done for confirming the diagnosis. You also need to get a MRI head done to rule out any neurological cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Read more: Headache and Migraines Forum - a sharp spastic pain on the top/side of my head? stic-pain-on-the-top-side-of-my-head-t2904 25.html#ixzz1RLb036tj

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.