User Profile
Hi. I’m 52, male, allergic to salicylic acid (no aspirin, thank you). I suffer from migraines since I was 6 years old. In the early years my father gave me acetaminophen, then I started to take Metamizole and ergotamine, a lot, believe me, a lot. In the las 10 years I have taken new drugs, derived from Triptane.
My episodes are variable, some just a pressure in my head and others block my vision, I get nauseous, I feel really bad. 46 years of my life with migraines, I’ve learned to keep living, working, listening music, being a dentist, a husband, a father of three ;-). Migraines are part of my Daly life. I have two or three episodes a week and a constant rumbling in my head. I writing here today because I so tired. I awake every morning with pain not too much, but these noise in my head is killing me. Doctor say my condition need preventive measures. But, a high pitch sound, some perfume, flashing lights, insomnia, among other things put a full migraine on my head. Any help!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2019
Headache and Migraines Answer A64988
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
There are two aspects of migraine treatment.
1.Abortive therapy,which you are using.
2.Prophylactic therapy in which you have to take medicine like propanolol or valproic acid.
All triggers should be avoided. Deep brain stimulation and acupuncture are also helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.