Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Head trauma, numbness down the side of temple area

Hi there, I was headbutted outside a bar when I was 16 years old, it has left me with a scar that's about 3 inches on my forehead, I walked home and I went to bed but my dad was watching over me to make sure I was ok, i never went to the hospital as it was late at night and I was on my own, and by the next day was starting to scab over, it has never bothered me until now I'm 24, the scar has quite thick tissue and protrudes a little which I'm paranoid of, I've also been waking up with numbness down the side of temple area which goes after about 30mins after waking up, is this something to worry about?
I appreciate any input and your time. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2018
If this scar is bothersome then you should consult a plastic surgeon after a proper referral. Regarding the numbness patch It can be related to superficial nerve injury which was sustained as part of the head injury.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.