I have an appointment with a neurologist in 2 weeks, but i am not sure if i should wait so long, so i would like your opinion. Here are my symptoms:

Over 3 weeks ago this started:
-When i wake up and sit up, i get vertigo for a few seconds
-Over the entire day i have pressures in my head in what seems to be between my brain and skull
-I also get this weird feeling (between my brain and skull or closer to the skull). The feeling is close to the feeling when your arms falls asleep and then it wakes up and this super weird burning sensation comes up.
-I get this weird feeling of dizzyness like i just want to fall to the ground (over the entire day)
-When i go to sleep, when i lie down on my back, the moment my head hits the pillow, the pressure intensifies and i get this super weird, uncomfortable and strong feeling of dizzyness (and i get vertigo for a few seconds). When i lie down on my side then these feeling are lesser. These feeling subside after a while.
-Sometimes my vision gets a little bit fuzzy, sometimes it feels like there is a film in front of my eyes, but i cant find anything in the mirror

I went to a doctor and she said i got Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and she did the Epley maneuver which helped a lot with all my symptoms and said that i should go to Otology, Laryngology and Rhinology if the symptoms are still there (which i did). OLR confirmed that i have BPPV and that it should go away after some time, but that i should go to a neurologist for the head pressure. They said that i should not wait to long, because they tested me for double vision by moving a finger in front of my face that i should follow with my eyes and when the fingers goes to the upper left corner of my field of vision, i start seeing 2 fingers (but i can bring it back to 1 finger when i focus hard, but that hurts my eye).
Also, when i wake up, for a short while, when i close and open my eyes, i see double and it takes a fraction of a second my my vision to normalize.

New stuff that started today:
In addition, over night, i started feeling a hot sensation on my head on the side that in not touching the pillow, but the side that is touching the pillow feels like the blood circulation is messed up. And also over night, sometimes my vision moves a bit, not vertigo, but like moving the mouse over the screen in a circular fashion. Over the day i feel a new kind of pressure, like there is too much blood in my head, it is more intensive when i turn my head up or down

What do your think? Is it safe to wait 2 weeks, or should i see a neurologist as soon as possible, cost be damned?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2018
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be due to migraine or organic lesion in the cerebellopontine angle. MRI brain with contrast will settle the issue.
You can wait for two weeks.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.