Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Head/neck pain with increase of blood flow

The base of my skull(where the head meets the neck) hurts when there seems to be an increase of blood flow to my head. If I bend down too long, laugh, or exercise I get the worst pain that sends me to my knees. It feels like a build up of pressure right around that area of my head. It hurts until I relax completely.
For example, last night I was at the gym and I decided to do step aerobics for a bit. Eventually my breathing grew rapid and my heart beat increased. When I stopped, my face was pink and my head was KILLING me. It was the pressure in the base of my skull and I had to stop working out for a few minutes. Once everything was back to resting pace, I felt perfect again.
Example 2, I was joking around with my girlfriend and her family, we were having a great time and there were plenty of chuckles here and there but at one point something really funny happened, like roll on the floor funny, and the pressure built up pretty fast and I couldn't even laugh anymore, it hurt so bad. I went from having a great time to laying on the couch for five minutes. Then it was completely better. No headache or anything.
Every time this happens, it's almost as if I imagined the pain because there's no trace of it. Most things that hurt slowly go away, but this pain comes and goes in the blink of an eye. One second it's bringing me to tears and the next I'm back to normal. This doesn't happen to any of my friends, girlfriends family, or my own family.
I'd go to the doctor but I currently do not have insurance, but I will soon.
I would really like to have a good time again without this pain stopping the fun. This has been happening for over a year but not 100% sure when it started.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Stressors can trigger tension headache. Treatment is mostly supportive with anxiolytics, tylenol and hydration and avoiding stressors.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.