Hi all , i recently had a unhinged wooden door strike me in the head , i am 50 years of age, i do not remember my action of pulling the door handle but i do recall everything that happened before and after. Within 5 minutes of lying on the bed i was able to recover myself and walk downstairs, i was not unconscious.

I experienced a headache and brief dis-orientation , there was no visible sign of trauma but there was pain that gradually went away over the hour. I took paracetemol that helped ease the pain

I feel completely fine now (the next day) , just a slight pain when pressure is applied to the area where it happened (the front-left side of my head)

My family are urging me to seek medical attention but i feel it is not necessary as i feel much better , is there any credence to their concerns?

Is there any significant chance this event could affect me later? what is the window period before i can be sure im ok?

Thank you in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi autumnleaves,

Go to your doctor and have your head xrayed to rule out a concussion. Sometiems a problem occur father down the road and you need a record of it should something do occur.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....