I was hit in the head this morning by a falling closet door. I have had a headache on and off all day. I took no medication but did apply an ice pack. There is a small lump in the place I was hit, above my right ear. It is very sensitive to touch. I am unsure if I should seek medical attention or sleep it off?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2013
Thank you for your question. Temple area injury is always a concern over a fracture and an epidural hemorrhage. I would suggest you to see a doctor. By Andre Strizhak

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.