about three years ago,( I was 10 at the time) I was playing in the playground,(tag). Suddenly, I wake up on the floor infront of a wall. I guessed I tripped or something and must have hit my head on the wall with lots of speed. I woke up and found every1 staring at me. I guess I wasout for a minute or so. I woke up with this really bad pain/pressure(more pain than pressure) on the upper part of my head. I guess that's where I got hit) I started groaning, people thought I was crying. I didn't even have the energy to cry, that would have given me even more pain! 10 seconds later, I got up and started walking with no problem with a slight headache. Following the accident, I had this weird sensation in my head that went on for months. So, my question is that should I have gone to the docotr at that time? Just curious. Will there be any consequences because I didn't go to the doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2008
Supporter
Well, it is possible that you experienced a concussion. Usually, a person has the most memory loss immediately after getting hurt...but you mentioned no memory loss as a result of the impact. Bleeding into or around the brain can occur with any blow to the head, whether or not unconsciousness occurs. If someone has received a blow to the head, they should be watched closely for signs of possible brain damage. A neurological examination may show abnormalities. Tests that may be performed include:

* Head CT
* MRI of the head

You might want to follow up with a neurologist to be sure that nothing is wrong. IT might ease your mind!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....