Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Head injury, frequent headaches where the indentation is.

About 15 years ago while in South Africa I fainted and hit my head on the concrete sidewalk. I was unconscious and bleeding from the head when my friends tried to pick me up. They picked me up took me to the hospital and I came to just as they were finishing putting in the stitches. I think there were 5 or 6 stitches. No one ever mentioned getting it further checked out. I was in my 20's and no health insurance so I didn't pursue it. Now it seems as I get older the indentation I the skull where I hit is becoming more noticeable and I get frequent headaches where the indentation is. Painful headaches that make me feel sick to my stomach. I told my doctor and o don't get any response about doing anything about it. Should this be looked into further?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i think such traumas for brain injury are important in first 24 hours only. If the time is elapsed, local causes for this headache should be sorted out. Indentation needs to be looked at and could be normal variation. Let your doctor have a look and proceed accordingly.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.