Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

he wanted again to do the skin test again

User Profile
Hi! Im 28 years old. I recently had an xray with two non calcified nodules on my left lung (Xray for immigration). I went to my family doctor to discuss about the nodules, he do blood test, skin test, sputum test and its all negative for tb. After a week, i received a letter from the immigration to go back to the physician to do my medical examination, but the physician reffered me to a respiralogist. The respirologist repeat all the blood test, skin test, sputum test, again all my result are normal. He ordered a bronchoscopy, the result is that my nodules are now calcified. After that he give me a letter to go back to work coz its not tb. He order needle biopsy, but the procedure didnt happen coz the doctor who will do the biopsy see that my nodules now are smaller than the 1st ctscan. When my respirologist find out they didnt do the biopsy he was so furious. And now he wanted again to do the skin test coz he doesnt believe to every result i get. What will i do now.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2016
Tuberculosis Answer A56773
Welcome to e health forum.

You are in a peculiar situation, where you need immigration clearance and unless completely medically cleared by the doctors, you may not be able to clear it.

The calcified spots are most likely small lymphnodes or fibrotic tissues which have calcified in due time, and this if not clinically interpreted properly can result in patients being subjected to multiple procedures and tests, which may turn out to be unnecessary later on. But until a final diagnosis is not available, and conditions like cancer, tuberculosis or other conditions are not rule out, the immigration doctors might not give you the clearance.

You might need to follow his suggestions and get additional tests done or seek additional help from the immigration authorities, regarding your situation.

I hope the information here is helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.