Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

He told my mother that she doesn't have Parkinson !

User Profile
Hi
My mother suffer from Parkinson about 5 years and she take two kind of meds Madopar and Pexola.She changed her doctor to get better result! He told my mother that she doesn\'t have Parkinson ! He ordered Primidom.My mother took just hal fof tablet two days ago but until now she is too sleepy . She had vomiting but now she is just too sleepy.I am really worried about her.Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2017
Epilepsy Answer A60045
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Primidone is a barbiturate and is sedative a reason for your mother to be sleepy. Negating a diagnosis for which 5 years treatment was done. It needs further neurological correlation and a second opinion and then continue with the management accordingly.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Epilepsy
Quick Reply
Must Read
1/2 million Americans are diagnosed with Parkinsons. Click here for basic information and a definition of Parkinson Disease, a movement disorder of the brain. ...
Do doctors know what causes Parkinson's Disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? More info on risk factors here....
We outline the common symptoms of Parkinsons and list the types of movement disorders that accompany the disease. Plus, know when to seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.