Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

He makes me feel like I'm the one that is crazy

I met a guy six months ago. We hit it off so well very fast. I knew he was different by the way he talked, very emotional and he got attached very quickly. First red flag for me should've been when he got a tattoo that represented me within the first month of meeting me. He made a lot of changes "for me" because he wanted to please me and be the perfect man for me. He soon started to get upset at me for the smallest things. He didn't like for me to have a glass of wine or hang out with my friends or I would dress inappropriately. He had trust issues and hated social media. Even going to the gym was a topic I couldn't speak to him about because it would upset him. After our first break up he told me how he was abused and molested as a child and neglected by his mother. It crushed my heart because I could see the pain in his eyes. I started feeling protective over him. I wanted to "fix him" show him that he can be loved that he deserves to be happy. I fell in love with him because when we were good, we were good! I've never felt more loved and cared about and protected and wanted! He shortly started being verbally abusive towards me. He was constantly calling me a liar, all women cheat and lie and take advantage of him. I had to walk on eggshells and I get I had to watch what I said, pray my phone didn't ring or that I didn't receive a text while I was with him because it was a sure fight. I could feel my self esteem trough the floor every time I would take him back after he apologized. It started to become a joke for him to say that I was as crazy as him for wanting to be with him. Crazy loves crazy he would tell me. That's how I started to feel, every time we fought it was my fault. I would try to replay a situation in my mind thinking maybe he was right. Last week was our last breakup and he contacted me tonight sending me pictures of a woman he met on the weekend. Making fun of certain physical features of mine. Trying to make me feel insecure once again, laughing and making hurtful jokes. I had to block his number and I found this site. I know that after being with him I need to talk to someone. In a short amount of time he did some damage. How did I allow this to happen to me? Why did I allow him to treat me this way and talk to me in such offensive manner. I've read some of the stories here and they sound so similar, the verbal abuse, constant breakups, ups and downs. How do I get past this? I really needed to just tell my story, any advice is greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2016
He sounds like a total psycho! don't believe a word he says. Normal people don't inentionally go out of their way to hurt others. Block his number,and if he tries contacting you again tell the police. You can file for a restraining order. In the meantime, start focusing on yourself and doing the things you love, go get your hair done, call your friends and arrange plans with them to do something fun! eat well and get some sleep. When you start treating yourself well and doing what you love, LOVE will find you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply