Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

HCG injections question

Ok, so here is the scoop. I want to know if a woman's body can be unresponsive to the HCG injection or have a delay of sorts especially if administered at home or to a bigger woman. Here is my situation. I was having fertility injections done and not really responding well which my doc commented on. He decided that even though there was only one egg in the size range they look for (there were a few smaller ones but next biggest was a 12 and 20 is the "magic number")we would do the HCG injection. I did injection on Sun and slept with #1 on Mon. Some stuff happened after and I had protected sex with #2 on Thurs and then unprotected with #2 on Sat. Found out I am pregnant with fraternal twins. Ultrasound found conception date closer to fri/sat. My question is that possible for the HCG shots results to have been delayed (should have ovulated Wed) or possibly my body to not have responded at all until smaller eggs developed. I just want to know if it is POSSIBLE that #2 is the dad. I didn't ask my fertility doc about it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied April 30th, 2011
Why the hell are you sleeping with more then one man? It's pretty sad that you are bringing life into this world.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....