I have a history of a high blood pressure and migraine, in August last year i was put on Coversil and was surprised I didn't have a major migraines since then, when usually I had them at least one every three months. Did anyone else experienced this too?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Recently studies have shown that antihypertensive and particularly calcium channel blockers and ACE inhibitors do have beneficial effects in preventing migraine headaches. The evidence is not conclusive and these aren’t the primary first line treatments but can be individualised based on the presentation.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Intense pain, sensitivity to light and nausea. All signs of a migraine. But what is a migraine headache? And what can trigger it? Migraine basics here....
Migraine symptoms are easy to recognize. But what signs precede a migraine? And which symptoms are present during different types of migraines? Read more here....
What types of doctors diagnose migraines? And what tests do they use? Learn how to understand migraine symptoms and put them in perspective here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.