Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
User Profile
I'm having severe hair loss. How do I make my hair come back?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2015
Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Answer A51024
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

To regain your hair growth, you have to find the cause first. Iron deficiency is the commonest cause of hair loss. Iron deficiency can be due to poor intake or poor absorption or due to hidden loss from bleeding as is seen in UTI and gut problems like IBS. The cause of anemia has to be found out by various blood tests. Iron replacement along with diet rich in iron and hemoglobin should be given. Please consult a hematologist if iron deficiency is detected.

Hair loss can also be due to dandruff, dermatitis, shampoos, oils, soaps, dust and dirt etc. Thyroid disorders and diabetes too could be a cause. Insomnia, stress and anxiety along with poor diet and excess of caffeine too can be the cause. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your family doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Hair Loss
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hair Loss, Hair Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.