Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Having issues with food :(

It must have been going on for some time but now friends think its an issue, I restrict food sometimes to the point i dont eat at all in a day. I dont get hunger pains, never have and am naturally very small. But i dont always know im doing it. Im so confused, I dont conciously want to lose weight but i dont want to eat either. Do i have an eating problem like they think i do? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2010
I think a healthy diet is the best solution of your problem.health Food means not weight gaining foods.

|

replied August 1st, 2010
Experienced User
Hey Ebony87!

You can't know if you have an eating problem for sure unless the signs are there, and you fit all the criteria.

Try reminding yourself to eat? And try to eat at regular intervals. If you don't want to "eat", try drinking your food. You can have fruit or vegetable smoothies. Of course, you cant have this all of the time, and will need protein and grains, but putting something in your system daily is a must.

Start with whatever is easiest for you to swallow and build from there Smile Good luck. Let me know how it's going!
|

replied August 10th, 2010
You may want to consult your doctor regarding your eating patterns and mostly your reluctance to take down anything. Skipping meals may lead to ulcer or other digestive problems that you don't want to have. Try doing a diet plan and eating schedule. Get your friends to invite you out and eat. Have people accompany you and remind you to eat so you will get conscious about it.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....