Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Having fits after head injury

User Profile
hi my guys name is jagdeep singh.....
recently he fell from the stairs and he ad stiches on his head....
and for the first time he had fits twice....
so is there any diet or any medicines tat he can take so that he never gets fits again.......
i really dont wanna him to suffer i no it cannot be cured but any remedies tat it can be avoided.........plz do reply to this....m tensed for him...

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2010
Epilepsy Answer A15392
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the head injury with associated seizures in your son.
It is very difficult to diagnose online but if a case of head injury is associated with neurological symptoms like seizures, neuroimaging of the brain (CT/MRI) is mandatory to rule out any haemorrhage and/or cerebral oedema. If there is any collection of blood or fluid causing the symptoms, the same might have to be corrected by surgery. You must consult your neurologist/neurosurgeon for the definitive diagnosis and treatment as the same is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.