Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

having difficulty to have sex.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Am married for quite some months now, and me and my husband are both virgins, and we are having difficulty to have sex. My husband is also having difficulty to have stong erection.Can you please advise?Which is the right position and all

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A24494

Welcome to ehealthforum

It is quite common for new couples to exhibit problems in erection and penetration.The root cause behind this is performance anxiety,stress and fear.
First of all both of you need to relax before going to bed and indulge in lots of foreplay so that both are excited enough.Usually woman take time to get excited so you can ask your partner to finger you before and then penetrate.He can also use any Lidocaine containing gel which is available OTC and can apply 20 minutes before intercourse and also on the vaginal entrance.Just before penetration rub it off.You also need to be relaxed and for better penetration keep a pillow under your hips.Missionary position or woman on top positions you can try.Ask him to use "Start and stop" technique in which he should stroke and then stop so that he can sustain for long.
Have healthy diet and avoid smoking,alcohol and any stress before going to bed.

Hope this helps

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.