Medical Questions > Relationships > Pets and Animals Forum

Having a hard time dealing after my cat died.

My wonderful little kitty passed away Monday night. Her health took a turn for the worse a few days before she passed. She wouldn't eat or drink anything, and she looked like she was drunk when she walked. She was 15 years old.

I am having the hardest time dealing with it. I never left her side the day she passed. That morning, I read her a story from a coloring book, watched tv with her, had her sit next to me while the family ate. She was my baby, my precious little angel.

She took her last breath a few minutes after my brother came upstairs to check on her. I think she was waiting for both of us to be around her, so she could say goodbye in her own way.

Every time I close my eyes, I see her little face gasping for air. Her thin, tiny little body trying to stay a live. Everywhere I look in my house, the memories are unbearable. I don't even want to be here.

At night, there are times that I can still hear her meowing. I would give anything to hold her once again. Knowing that I will never hear her purr or meow again, it just breaks my heart more and more. She did this really cute thing whenever my door was shut; she would scratch the back of her ear and it would sound like she was knocking. I'll never hear that again.

I miss her so much. I cant sobbing, even at work I'll start crying. I can only hope and pray that the Rainbow Bridge exists and that she will be waiting for me the day I cross over.

R.I.P. Kara
March 1998- July 29,2013
You were more than just a cat to me, you were my
best friend and a loving member of the family.
You will be forever missed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2014
So sorry. They really are part of the family.
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2014
Grief is such a complicated emotion. I too had a close bond to Flint, my cat who passed years ago. I still think about him today. It’s only natural to have feelings of grief and sadness when your pet passes.

You will start to feel better with time. And learn to cope without her presence. I found creating a photo album was a helpful way for me to deal with it all. It really showed me Flint lived a good life and helped me begin the process of moving on.
|

replied June 23rd, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry to hear about Miss Kitty, she lived a very long life with a loving family.
|

replied November 30th, 2015
15! Wow! She lived a long time. There are so many kitties needing parents such as yourself and you would honor her memory to help one of her friends. She'd want you to have that fun and love again. Wouldn't you want her to be happy with someone if you had passed? Of course you would. Nothing heals the heart faster. Oh, you won't forget her and she won't be replaced but that's not the goal. The goal is to feel better and have a buddy again.
|

replied June 19th, 2018
15 years! Just know you gave that kitty the best life possible, and will never be replaced by any kitty ever!
|