Medical Questions > Relationships > Grief and Loss Forum

Having a hard time accepting my fathers death

It will be one year on December 3rd from when my dad died. My dad died of cancer it started out in his lungs and spread to his brain. I was with my dad when he died it was my decision to take him off life support, once the chaplin was finished with the prayer my dad took his last breath and passed. It was kind of a sigh of relief knowing I didnt have to worry about the what if I would've kept him on if he would make it. But I knew that he wasn't going to make it and I knew my dad wouldn't have wanted to stay on life support. My dad was in his mid forties when he passed. Im having a hard time coping with the fact my dad is gone; I still haven't accepted the fact that he had cancer. And now all I can think about is how my dad is going to miss out on dancing with me at my wedding or being able to meet his grandkids. My dad always wanted to be a grandfather and I am his only child. A couple weeks after his death I found out that I was pregnant; I now have a set of twin boys. I realize that death is apart of life and we will all eventually die. But is there anyway I can try to just accept the fact that he has cancer and that he is no longer suffering?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Caseysbaby07
|

replied November 30th, 2010
I am so sorry for your loss. I myself have not experienced the death of a loved one i was really close to yet so i can not speak off personal experience. All the advice i can give is to maybe see a therapist or talk about it to someone your close to/ that has experienced something like what you are going through. Maybe you just need to vent or have closure. Stay strong, and if you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.
|
Did you find this post helpful?