Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Community Chat Forum

Have you kept in contact with your highschool friends?

User Profile
I am 1 month away from leaving high school for good - going to university in 4 months. Looking back, (or I guess looking at my situation now) I realize I have no true friends at all.

It is always beyond me how immature and completely “teenage” they are, with their little dramas about boys and not having a date to take to prom with (blah blah) - and they never seem to know what being a true friend means (empathizing, sticking up for one another etc).

I find that I am increasingly isolated from them - and they could not care less about me.

I don’t think I’ll ever talk to them again after highschool ends, but I wonder if this is normal? Have you kept in contact with your highschool friends?

I always hear HS is the pits and university is the best time of your life, so in that case… I want to hear what you think about your highschool friends?

I am all ears rainbow
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2012
Community Volunteer
I've only been on FB a few years. I'm over 50. I have found a few friends from HS. Those I didn't like, or didn't like me, don't need to be my friends - I'm in control now.

I never went to a reunion - I wasn't interested in visiting that part of my life.
|

replied January 8th, 2013
That was sad if you don't have any true friends in high school.For me high school is the best and it is very important that you have a contact on them to contact them in case that you are having some reunion stuff.
|

replied January 19th, 2013
i have them on facebook and if we have time we sometimes meet
|