Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

have 3 palpable nodes in 3 different areas...

User Profile
currently have 3 palpable nodes in 3 different areas of the my body. I have a small one under the skin in front of my ear, one one the back right hand side of my neck, a soft small squisshy one in the left side of my neck..this one is different then the other 2 in that it moves around a lot. I am having HIV phobia since finding out a friend of mine(not someone i have slept with sexually) is hiv positive. Since then I have been online looking at symptoms and seeing if I have any. The lymph nodes are terrifying me. I went to my primary care physician when I found the first one, and she said that its normal and very common and not to worry. She did a cbc w/differential and stated that all of my bloodwork came back completely normal. she used the words "SUPER DUPER" good..Am i being overly concerned about these nodes and could my anxiety be causing my lymph nodes to flare up?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2012
HIV and AIDS Answer A31085
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the palpable lymph nodes in the cervical and preauricular regions.
The lymph nodes are said to be significant if the size of these in the cervical region is more than 1.5 cm and others less than 1.5 cm could be enlarged due to minor infections and are insignificant. There is no relation between anxiety and lymph node enlargement.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.