Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

have no appetite and losing weight

I am a food lover and have never in my life had trouble eating. I am a normal weight for my size. Within the past two months I have lost about 25 pounds. I have absolutely no desire to eat and food is literally unappealling to me. I try to force things down that have protien in them just so I can get through the day. How can I get my appetite back? Ill do anything.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2013
Is there anything wrong happened lately?

Something sad or stressful events can also make you lost your appetite...

Are you too busy at that moment?
Why don't you enjoy meal with friends or relatives instead of eating alone?

Coz people tend to eat more with happy feeling!
Good luck,
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi bethmann: If you are normal weight now and have lost 25 pounds, you may have willed yourself to do this...Saying this if you did this, now it is time for you to turn this cycle around and eat a normal diet...Not to gain weight nor to lose weight, but to hold your weight where it is...

If you can't do this, then get some help...By this I mean a doctor...Take care...

Caroline...
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....