Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

have gynaecomastia, don't know which specialist to see

User Profile
Hello doctor, i am 27 year old..i have bulky chest from puberty and one chest is bigger than other but now after reading articles on internet i came to know that i have gynaecomastia but i don't know that which specialist doctor is good for pls suggets which type of doctor i have to consult...thank u in advance

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2015
Mens Conditions Answer A51547
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

You should consult a general surgeon for breast reduction or mastectomy. An endocrinologist can be consulted if you are reluctant to go for surgery to see if any hormonal imbalance can be corrected to prevent recurrence or reduce the current problem.

wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.