Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Has suboxone helped anyone else?

Suboxone really saved my life. I remember waking up in the morning wondering where I was gonna find my next fix. Even more than that where was I gonna get the money. Cashing in all my coins to coinstar, putting off bills until the next month? Yeah been there done that. I am so glad I decided to get help because God only knows where I would be today.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Glad to hear that your suboxone is working for you and it has helped you out. It is prescribedfrequently by psychiatrist to help with opioid addiction. Sign up with support group to prevent relapses.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|

replied October 1st, 2018
Yes, I was taking Subutex for about 4-5 years and last year was changed over to Zubsolv due to insurance reasons. At first I really didn't think it was going to be a good switch but over a couple of months I realized it was not that much different at all. I think it was more mental than anything. I was hurt in a 4 wheeler accident and broke my back, being prescribed pain killers for a few years is all it took. When i realized i had a problem with the pills, I was already a few years too late! I really think that the over prescribing of opioids in this country is the biggest reason for the epidemic we face today. Many innocent minded people who would have otherwise not come into this world have been sucked into the seductive world of opioids this way. Am i totally innocent in this process, not at all! I had a choice early on to stop and I thought I had it all under control, but it was through my choices that I am where I am, nobody else. I have been able to change that path through the use of this medication and now lead as normal of a life as I did before and have a clear minded view of the future again. Although, it has not been the medication alone.....I first have a forgiving and healing God that drew me out of this darkness and into his marvelous light and is changing me daily from the inside-out! Having this faith has kept me focused on a better tomorrow and I have a loving and supporting family that is there for me as well. I have kept much of the gory details of abuse from them but I have told them some of what I have endured over the years and what I have lost! One day I hope to cut this extra expense out completely and by God's grace and mercy I believe that he will finish the good work that he started in me! I know not everyone has a strong and loving personal support group, but I do know that if God is on your side there is nothing that he cant bring to pass if you have faith and trust in Him to bring you out as he has me. I am nobody special and God is no respecter of persons! I pray that all seeking help with a honest motive will come to the same place as he brought me to. Be blessed!
|

replied September 10th, 2019
Yes, I take zubsolve instead of subuxone due to insurance reasons. I don’t know of any other way other than the hand of God that I would have ever overcome the hurdle of kicking my addiction. It’s been life changing in so many ways. I can live a normal life again not having to worry about keeping count and making sure I don’t ever run out. That is not a life and it was miserable living life having to always consider meds before anything else. I grew up in a good home with parents that gave me the example I needed but it was a back injury that exposed me to this world. So my point is you don’t have to be a street junkie to fall prey to this madness. Keep your head up and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Not everyone believes the way I do but I trust that Gods hand was on me and is leading me back to where he needs me.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.