Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Meningitis Forum

Has my meningitis returned 4 days after Hosp?

Hi. 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with meningitis. I had all the symptoms and spent 11 days in hospital.

I was on 3 heavy IV anti biotics (spending up to 7 hours a day receiving them)

I got out of hospital 4 days ago, and my severe headache has returned. Paracetamol has eased it slightly and I have a temperature.

Unfortunately I was stupid, I spent way too much time in hot sun yesterday and since them I've had the headache. I did not "take it easy" enough!

My neck is stiff and my back is slightly sore also.

Is it my meningitis back to haunt me?
I felt fine every day since I left hospital until I spent too much time in the sun.

Is it possible I just have some heat exhaustion?
And also, would paracetamol reduce the headache is it was my meningitis? Painkillers did nothing 2 weeks ago for the pain but they've eased it today.

Thank u!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2013
Experienced User
Hi JDooner, This would be a great question for a doctor on this site, especially because you have a question about medication. I had meningitis 12 years ago and am still sensitive at times. My spine will swell sometimes, I have memory loss, fatigue & also sensitive to heat & motion (like riding in a boat). You were in the hospital a long time. I assume you had bacterial meningitis from the antibiotics you were on. Any continued symptoms should be discussed with your doctor. Hope you are feeling better & getting the treatment you need. Best wishes.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Meningitis is contagious and can be life threatening. Get the basic facts on meningitis here....
What are the different types of meningitis and who do they affect? We answer this here....
Early signs and symptoms of meningitis can mimic the flu. Can you identify meningitis symptoms and know when to seek medical help?...