Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Has my abortion been unsuccessful?

I had a medical abortion 2 days ago now, when I was at 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and am very worried it hasn't been successful.

About 2 hours after I took both pills, I threw up - which is worrying me the most. I've had very little bleeding, and only started to bleed a little heavier today (2 days afterwards), but is still not heavy, probably the equivalent to a light period. I've passed very small blood clots but thats about it, and earlier I thought I had passed as I saw something very small and almost fleshy come out, but I'm clueless as to whether it has worked or not.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This is difficult also to predict from our point apart from waiting.Bleeding of medical abortion is usually just like period and if it occurs,this indicates a good fate in this early stage.You have now no option apart from waiting upto your next cycle date as pregnancy test is not a good guide to tell this now.You have to do a scan to confirm it and if you are really want to know your pregnancy status,go to your doctor for that.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Medical Abortion , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.