Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

harder and harder to cope with being inside my head.

i started smoking marijuana about 5 or 6 years ago, i up until about a year ago i controlled my addiction and it was fine the only mental problems i noticed were, calling people by someone elses name and forgetting worse, like its on the tip of my tongue and after a few minutes the word would finally come to me. this time last year i had to move out of the family home as it was being sold (a situation i wasn't happy about but thats another story). in the past i spoke to my GP about anxiety disorders she said it should be nothing to worry about and i carried on with my life as normal, but these days i'm findin it harder and harder to cope with being inside my head. i have in the past harmed myself i used to cut myself on my knees as no one ever saw that part of me this stopped 5 or 6 years ago. i've always been the kind of person who enjoys their own company as a child right up through til this year where the idea of being alone fills me with fear that i am forever going to be alone. i have overwhelming feelings of fear in the past month alone i've had two panic attacks. i don't know whats happening to me, i've developed a fear of midgets, dwarves any kind of little or miniature person, i fear that i'm going crazy loosing my mind completely, i'm paranoid about everything, i hate myself soo much i stopped eating, only havin the bare necessities to keep me alive. i have issues with my cousin i often have dreams in which i am killin her these dreams terrify me. i honestly think i have some kind of personality disorder as i often feel as though i'm two peple inside one person i can be happy as larry some days but other days i just feel completely awful and don't want to do anything but lay in bed crying for the day, i have recently self harmed i took a curling wand heated it up and burnt myself with it, i'm really worried about myself and the doctors at my local surgery keep saying they'd prefer i saw a counsillor instead of giving me some meds but i can't help but feel talking about things will be like opening pandora's box and i'm terrified i wont be able to deal with what comes out. i realise this must sounds as though i'm just a pothead with some issues but i've had alot of these issues most of life i just dealt with them better now things are getting worse and i really need help.

please please help me i can't cope anymore
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, stop smoking the pot, it is not addictive and u don't need it considering all the other problems u worry about.
go see the counselors and at least try
good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....