User Profile
hi there,

i'm not sure if i'm at the right place here, because i'm not sure exactly what or if i have any type of mental problems yet. i was actually thinking about seeking a professional and had some questions

anyway, i think i may have adhd or add, but may have a number of other issues as well... i'm not really sure. i'm 22 almost 23 and have never really been to a doctor about this type of stuff. i can't think clearly most of the time and have a hard time concentrating. sometimes i have to read a line a book 3 or 4 times before i'm even actually reading it. i feel very lazy and unmotivated mentally and can't stick with something i'm working on very long at all. i'm also terribly in-confident and... although it makes me laugh to say this feel like i'm pretty introverted. i have a hard time talking with people i don't know with out it being completely awkward, maybe that's just a personal problem though. what else... another thing i've noticed recently is that i'm always in a rush to do things, even if it's something really minor or insignificant, like i'm always tense. i was reading about BPD and feel like i have symptoms of that as well. there's so much more, but this is kind of depressing. could this all be summed up as one or two problems? maybe adhd. i'm really not sure. what type of professional would i have i need to seek? and finally i'm concerned about the cost. i'm pretty poor lately and can't afford much, but after a full day of my brain feeling rotten i feel like this is a pretty important issue.

sorry for the long and possibly depressing post. i've been needing to get that out for a while. any help would be appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2009
Supporter
First of all, you don't need to apologize for your post. If you want to seek help from a doctor you would want to contact a psychiatrist. He/she can diagnose a mental condition or adhd/add. As someone who is very familiar with add/adhd, it really does sound like that may be your problem. What you described are certainly symptoms of ADD. Many times people with ADD have trouble with concentrating, social issues, and rushing through their work because they lose interest really fast. There are a lot of medications that can help you if this is what you have.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....