Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

hard rubbery lump in neck

I have had a hard rubbery lump on the back of my neck, just to the right of my spine and at the base of my skull.... It has been there a couple of years...it feels pretty deep and is maybe the size of a pea...what could this be??? I have an appt with my family dr in a week and just want to know what I should expect.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2011
lump at base of neck
I have something very similar but larger than a pea, also for a couple of years. Its moveable, rubbery and I can push it in and out. I've been told by doctors its nothing but was recently advised to have an MRI of my neck to put my mind at ease. One doc thought it may be a break in my fascia resulting in a herniation of muscle popping out. Not really convinced of that since it seems to be too hard and round.
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be sebaceous cyst. Its a benign condition and doesn't require any treatment.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.