Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

hard rice-sized spot on my testicle, pea sized lump

User Profile
I am 22 years old. I drink alot of aspartame soda. When i was a child i had an undescended testicle that was brought down at age 3 surgically. Otherwise physically and healthily fit. About a year ago a noticed a hard rice-sized spot on my testicle. I did not think anything of it at the time. About a week ago I noticed a pea-sized lump near the previously undescended testicle. It is not attack to the testicle but i am not able to move it everywhere in the scrodum so im assuming it is attached to the tube but i cannot quite tell. It almost feels free floating. I have an appointment with my doctor in a week and a half so i am wondering if i should be worried about what this oculd be, and should maybe be seeking medical attention much sooner. Both marks are hard and painless.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A45843
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Avoid self-diagnosis. It is difficult to comment on the exact origin of the pea sized lump that you describe without examining it to determine other characteristics. If worried, consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider/urologist for further evaluation, clarification and assistance and get started on suitable treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider/urologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.