Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

hard oval lump with shooting sharp pains in that area

User Profile
I have a hard oval lump under my left armpit right in the pit and its been over five yrs it dont grow and I have managed to get this tiny amount of fluid that usually smells weird mixed with deodorant. but recently for months I have been experiencing shooting sharp pains in that area that go in a radar detector motion starts in the center and shoots out through my arm the back side of my shoulder blade and the front side part of my chest also it has been tender near the heart area closest to the armpit. most times after this sudden burst of pain I experience a numb tingling sensation directly after.sometimes I its bad enough to stop me in my tracks and clutch my chest but then it goes away. I have squeezed it many times and am worried maybe the fluid is toxic and it is creating something more serious my dr did an ekg on the heart and said it seems normal but these pains are not normal he never looked at the lump would you have an Idea what this could be?? very scared

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2011
Lymphoma Answer A29092
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the hard oval lump under the left armpit for the last 5 years with fluid oozing out of it on squeezing and sharp shooting pain in that area radiating to chest.
The exact nature of the lump can only be ascertained by examination and relevant investigations like fine needle aspiration cytology etc. The hard consistency of the lump and slow growth makes it pertinent to rule out carcinoma.
You must consult your personal physician for definitive diagnosis as the same is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.