Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hard nodule between butt cheeks

User Profile
I have this hard nodule that is kind of that is hard and it's right between my butt cheeks and it is very painful it started as if I thought I was just raw from working out but it hurts to wipe very sensitive to touch red as if inflammed and it's bigger now than it was a couple of days. Should I be worried? Is this a cancer and what exactly can I do so subside this pain?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2010
Hernia Answer A12052
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. From the description of the symptoms, it seems like a pilonidal cyst. A pilonidal cyst is a cyst that develops along the tailbone (coccyx) near the cleft of the buttocks. These cysts usually contain hair and skin debris. An infected pilonidal cyst is an abscess that requires incision and drainage in order to improve. Please do consult a surgeon for the same. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.