Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Hard moveable lump on shoulder

User Profile
hi. im 15 years old and have a hard lump which moes with my shoulder bone , its at the bottom of my sholder blade and when i elevate my arm it is visible , its not causing any pain yet and i have had it for about three weeks , is it worth going to see a doctor , i also hve a family history of cancer , does this make a difference?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2010
Bone Cancer Answer A15227
tHANKS FOR USING THIS FORUM...

From your description it seems like a bony swelling or some soft tissue near scapula..i think you can pay a visit to a physician to get a detailed examination..mostly it wont be much to worry about...

take care....

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.