Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Hard Lump under ear/above jaw bone

Hello my name is Katelyn and I am 20 years old.
I have recently seen the Doctor due too swollen lymph nodes in my neck that are painless, and what I though to be large.
I had blood work done, and it came back normal, and I had an ultra sound done, which also came back normal.
What I am concerned about however, is this mass/lump located above jawline, and under earlobe. Its hard and does not move. It is located on both sides of my head/neck but is more prominent on ride side. It doesn't hurt, and when I asked my Doctor what it was he said " ohhh that's just bone." I also asked the lady who did my ultra sound, and she said she didn't see anything. Idk I just wanted another professional opinion, nobody I know has this. I am fairly thin, so I do not know if that's why i can feel it and nobody else can. Please respond, as I am very stressed about this.

Thank you so much for your time, I look forward to your response,
Katelyn
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2013
Hi, I'm not a professional but I have exactly the same thing so I'd be interested to see what other people say. It's reassuring to hear that others have the same thing!
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be bony projection or insignificant lymph node as your investigations are normal.
All that you need is reassurance.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.