Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Hard lump size of chickpea1

User Profile
Dear Doctor,hallo! This morning I discovered a hard lump a size of a chickpea attached to the left side of my scrotum. It is swollen and red and seems not to be connected to my left testicle. I saw a doctor this morning but he merely suggested that I see an urologist. Can it be a cancer/tumour and can it impair my fertility? My wife is so worried!
I'll by all means see an urologist asap yet your help will be appreciated greatly.
Sincerely,
A.H.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2010
Testicular Cancer Answer A16951
Based upon your description, this mass is unlikely to involve your testicle, and so it is unlikely to pose a threat to your fertility. Although I am unable to tell you what this mass is (as I cannot examine you), most skin nodules of the scrotum in young adult men will turn out to be benign. However, you should certainly keep your appointment with the Urologist, to be certain that this is not a serious problem.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race" (2010)

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.