Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Hard lump on 11th rib

I am 49 yr old female, in march 2017 i noticed this lump on my back my doctor measured it, 12 cm. Had xray, ulrasound and ct scan, report says fibrous dysplasia. Fast forward to now, it is hurting and i feel has gotten bigger. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
It is a disorder where bone and bone marrow is replaced by fibrous tissue that lead to bone expansion and weakness of bone.
Its treatment is mainly palliative.
One should be investigated for endocrinopathies.
However,the course of disease cannot be altered with therapy.
I would suggest you to consult an orthopaedic surgeon to evaluate you as without evauluation management is tough.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.