Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Height: 5'4
Weight: 50 kg
Duration of complaint: A few days

A few days ago, I felt a slight pain in my pubic region. Thinking it was a pimple, I just ignored it. Now, it doesn't seem to hurt anymore, except when I press on it hard, then it hurts slightly. It's about the size of pea. It's pinkish skin-colored, if that's a way to describe it - kind of like a mosquito bite, only hard and more swollen. The last time I shaved was a few weeks ago. My pubic hair is relatively long at this state. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be healed follicular infection.
If redness and pain is there,then topical mupirocin or fusidic acid will be helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Acne
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.