Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

hard lump is no longer hard and has shrunk

User Profile
A few months ago, I felt a tiny, hard lump on the top of my left testicle. When I first found it, I had pain in the area fore about 2-3 days. It wasn't all the time though. Only when I was jogging/running or doing any kind of physical activity. After a few days the pain went away, but the lump didn't. A few days after that, I went to consult a doctor. While I was being examined, she asked me to find the lump. I had trouble finding it, and discovered that it had moved slightly. After an examination, she said that since I had just found it, that I was probably nothing, seeing as nothing had changed, and she said that it's nothing to worry about. After a month had passed I checked again and it was no longer hard and had shrunk some. I haven't had any pain or complications so far, and I'm not showing any symptoms of a developing cancer. But, I'm still not sure. I know asking for a diagnosis over the internet is not really the smartest thing to do, but does it sound like cancer?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2014
Testicular Cancer Answer A49264
Hi,
if you have painless mass in the testes and you are young, first thing you need to undergo is testicular US to see whether its a testicular mass or extratesticular entity. If its extratesticular, it can be some other problems which are benign, however if its a testicular mass, it goes in favour of cancer. I would say you take your futher management from there. Thank you
Dr. Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.